combit Releases List & Label 28 with More than 50 New Functions and Enhancements for Web Reporting, .NET and Data Export, as well as Other Highlights
Constance, Germany – combit, a leading provider in the space of reporting components for software developers, is very pleased to announce that version 28 of its List & Label reporting tool has been released today. The reporting tool supports developers in .NET, Delphi, Java, Visual C++ and many other programming environments. In addition to new capabilities for data visualization on the Web, List & Label 28 also includes a variety of new export format options and supports Microsoft’s latest .NET Framework 7.
combit continues to expand the functionality of its reporting component with the release of List & Label 28. The software company is focusing primarily on further development of the Web Report Designer with new designer objects and charts for data visualization, as well as an optimized table editor. .NET developers will benefit from support for .NET 7, easy connectivity to Azure Cosmos DB and MariaDB database systems, and improved runtime when using images in data sources. Furthermore, extensively enhanced Excel export with support for formulas in worksheets and a future-proof solution for sending email via the Microsoft Graph API are also available to users.
New functions are also provided for the Report Server included in the List & Label Enterprise Edition. The self-service reporting solution for businesses, which can also be used by software companies as an add-on for applications, has been expanded to include project includes and subreports. As a result, users will save lots of time in the future when integrating recurring elements such as letterheads, tables and charts. “Our agility helps us to respond quickly to new customer requirements and advance features which are strategically important to us. Consequently, we’ve been able to further develop List & Label in all areas during the course of this release cycle,” says Jochen Bartlau, managing director of combit and head of List & Label development.
Complete information concerning the new version is available at:
2,089 characters including spaces
Highlights in List & Label 28
Web Report Designer
- New designer objects for report templates such as gauges, data graphics, checkboxes and PDF files
- New chart editor with pie charts – more chart types will be added soon
- Support for folder structures in the repository for improved clarity
- Drag & drop function in the new table editor for easy creation and relocation of fields
- Support for Excel formulas in worksheets, e.g. for current date as a dynamic value
- Define headers and footers when printing from Excel, e.g. when reading out page numbers
- Automatic adjustment of column width during Excel export
- Password protection for Excel spreadsheets
- Support for commenting and filling out of form and signature fields during encrypted PDF export
- Additional options for specifying document properties such as title and author for Word export
- Pinning table headers during XHTML export for improved clarity
- Support for .NET 7
- New data providers for Azure Cosmos DB and MariaDB for easy database connectivity
- Optimized use of images in data sources for improved runtime, smaller preview files and enhanced support for format-specific properties such as transparency in PNG files
- Subreports and project includes for the integration of recurring elements such as letterheads, charts and tables
- New options for Word, Excel, HTML and PDF export
- Support for uploading reports to FTP servers secured via SSL/TLS
- Simplified deactivation of scheduled reports
- Email distribution via Microsoft Graph API
- Simplified filtering of report parameters and improved runtime when creating reports with large amounts of data
- EPC QR code (GiroCode) for SEPA credit transfers
- New PageBreak$() designer function
- Convenient multi-selection of report container elements in the object list
- Optimized search function in the preview
About List & Label
Thousands of development teams and millions of users all over the world use the award-winning List & Label reporting tool. Desktop, web, and cloud applications can be expanded to include powerful reporting capabilities with just a few lines of code. Beyond this, the reporting tool provides access to all types of data preparation and data exchange. As compared with other reporting tools, List & Label offers the highest levels of flexibility with regard to the types of data which can be evaluated, supported programming languages and the number of export and barcode formats. The designer is available in several languages and can be embedded into one’s own application without additional license fees. As a result, users are also able to create reports. Three editions of the reporting tool are offered by German software company combit. All editions include an annual subscription with free service packs and updates to new major versions. Installation and documentation are available in German and English.
Since 1989, combit has successfully established itself on the German-speaking and international market and made a name for itself in the areas of reporting, CRM and contact management. Well over a hundred awards from the trade press and readers as well as numerous votes from enthusiastic customers confirm the success.
– Press release
– combit logos
Public Relations & Marketing
T +49 7531 9060-13
T +49 7531 9060-13
T +49 7531 9060-10
Toll-free in North America
T +1 800 2563608
Mon – Fri, 8 am – 5 pm CET
List & Label Newsletter
Don't miss out on new features, service packs, how-tos and exclusiv sales offers.